The BCSFVSNP is available to all BC K-12 public schools and K-12 BC First Nations schools. School selection is based on a first come first served basis for September enrolment. To apply for the Program, please review our list of requirements to participate, then complete the application form by the deadline and fax to our new toll free fax 1(877) 825-6068. Please also send a hard copy of your completed form by mail to:
BC School Fruit and Vegetable Nutritional Program
BC Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation
Abbotsford Agriculture Centre
1767 Angus Campbell Road
Abbotsford, BC V3G 2M3
Download BCSFVNP Application Form (pdf)
If you have any questions about your application form contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is your school currently enrolled in the Program? There’s no need to re-apply. Once you are enrolled in the Program we will carry you over to the next school year. You just need to complete our Annual Update Form and submit it to us online by mid June of every school year so we can update your school profile and be ready for the next school year in September.
While the Program is open to all BC K-12 public schools, we do have a list of requirements to ensure participation is as successful and safe as possible.
Requirements to Participate
- Each school must have at least one Level One FOODSAFE certified volunteer (this does not have to be the In-School Coordinator).
(A copy of your Level One FOODSAFE certificate MUST accompany the application.) More information on FOODSAFE here.
- School must take a whole-school approach to the Program, i.e. all classrooms participate.
- School agrees that product will be consumed in a classroom setting and not replace recess or lunch items.
- The school principal must indicate support of participation by signing the application form and providing his/her contact information.
- In addition to an In-School Coordinator, the school must designate one contact person
(a staff member other than the principal.)
- After acceptance, the school must gather parental consent to participate in the Program. Reverse consent form here.
- School must fill out online log sheets, which are provided on the School Log In page for each school (assigned after acceptance), to track issues and successes and submit them on a monthly basis to the BCAITC Program Office.
- The school understands it is their responsibility to provide adequate refrigeration for produce when required. Please see the Storage Requirements pdf
- School understands that since we are dealing with fresh produce, there may be unexpected changes to scheduled items.
- The In-School Coordinator must manage any allergy alerts.